Our School App Stay connected on the go...
EARLY YEARS SEND TEACHING ASSISTANT
Fixed term until 31st August 2021, part time (31.25 hours per week) term time only to start as soon as possible.
VT Grade 8, SP22-25 starting salary £22,086 per annum, pro rata (actual starting salary £15,955 per annum) + Health Care Cash Plan and Benefits Package.
Venturers Trust is a dynamic and focused multi-academy trust based in Bristol, formed in September 2017 through the merger of CGS Trust and Merchants’ Academy Trust. The Trust is responsible for eight academies, 3,500 pupils and 700 staff with a commitment to making a significant and lifelong difference to the lives of young people from some of Bristol’s most disadvantaged communities.
The Trust is sponsored by the Society of Merchant Venturers and the University of Bristol. Both sponsors seek to ensure that all our young people receive a truly inspiring education. Their support, challenge and expertise are greatly valued.
Applications are invited from high quality candidates to join an exciting and committed team at Bannerman Road Community Academy. We are looking to recruit an SEND EYTA who is genuinely inspired to work with SEN/ASC children within a strong, supportive team, delivering high quality provision for the children within our care.
Previous experience of working with children is essential as is flexibility and a sense of humour. We strive to offer the highest level of education and trust that you will have equally high expectations. The Trust offers a wide variety of CPD opportunities.
The successful candidate will have:
• GCSEs at Grade C or above in English and maths (or equivalent qualifications).
• NVQ Level 3 for Teaching Assistants
• A proficiency in improving basic numeracy and literacy with specialist skills in literacy that will enable you to work with targeted individuals.
• Experience of working with SEN/ASC children and the strategies that support The core National Occupational Standards for Supporting Teaching and Learning standards are relevant to this role
• Commitment to continuing personal and professional development.
• Understanding of principles of child development and learning processes and barriers to learning
In return you will join a wonderful team and have every opportunity to further your professional development and career with an excellent benefit package including; Wellbeing Health Cash Plan, Retail Discounts, ICT Loans, Professional Induction Incentive plus others.
Closing date: Monday 18th January 2021 at 9:00. Interviews: Thursday 21st January 2021
Please note due to the expected volumes of applications it may not be possible to acknowledge or respond to all applicants.
Bannerman Road Community Academy is part of Venturers Trust and is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all staff.