Our School App Stay connected on the go...
We aim to work closely together with our parents to support children in their time at school. We take pride in the fact that this is a happy and busy school with a real sense of warmth and team spirit, and we will do all we can to ensure that your child enjoys his/her time at Bannerman Road.
We encourage parents to attend sessions where they can learn to help their child to read, support them with phonics and support them with all of their learning both in Early Years and throughout the school. Parents are invited to share learning experiences from home and comment on the learning that the children are experiencing in school through their learning profiles.
We have regular parents’ evenings to discuss your child’s progress. Parents are also encouraged to access their child’s learning at other times of the year, through attending class assemblies and coming in to the classroom. We are a very open and friendly setting and the class teachers are happy to talk to parents at the end of the day. Our fortnightly newsletter and website will keep you up to date with everything that is going on in our busy school.
Bannerman Road’s Attendance Target is 96%.
Attendance Over One Academy Year
If a student had:
- 98% attendance = fewer than 4 days absent from school
- 95% attendance = fewer than 10 days absent from school
- 90% attendance = 4 weeks absent from school
- 85% attendance = 5 ½ weeks absent from school
- 80% attendance = 7 ½ weeks absent from school (Equivalent to one day per week absence for the whole year).
N.B. A child who misses a day of school per week throughout Years 1 – 11 misses an equivalent of over two years of their learning time in school)
ATTENDANCE THROUGHOUT PRIMARY SCHOOL OVER 6 YEARS
If a student had:
- 85-90% attendance = having over 7 months off school!
- 80% attendance = having almost 45 weeks off school = one whole school year + half a term missed!