Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Bannerman Road Community Academy is committed to the vital contribution all Governors, teaching and non-teaching staff make to safeguarding and the protection and welfare of children and young people. We aim to ensure that all child protection and welfare concerns and referrals are handled sensitively, professionally and in ways that support the specific needs of the individual child. Through providing a caring, safe and stimulating environment which promotes the social, physical and moral development of all our students, we aim to foster an atmosphere of trust, respect and security.
- How well pupils are taught to keep themselves safe
- How well the school protects pupils from bullying, racist abuse, harassment or discrimination, and promotes good behaviour
- The effectiveness of health and safety policies and procedures
- The effectiveness of arrangements to provide a safe environment and secure school site
- How well the school meets the needs of pupils with medical conditions
- How appropriately child welfare and child protection concerns are identified and responded to by the school
- How effectively the school works with key agencies to safeguard and promote the welfare of children
- The extent to which the school ensures that adults working with children are appropriately recruited and vetted, and receive appropriate training, guidance, support and supervision to undertake the effective safeguarding of pupils.
Academy Designated Safeguarding Lead - Jodi Dyer Deputy Headteacher Email: email@example.com
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead - Anna Hicks (HLTA)
Safeguarding Team members - Oliver Laken (Interim Headteacher) Natalie Shepherd (Assistant Headteacher) Anna Bowen (Early Years Foundation Stage Lead) Sian Lennox-Gordon (Pastoral Support)
Child Exploitation and Online Protection command: www.ceop.police.uk
The Emotional Health and Wellbeing Online Directory:
Domestic violence support :http://thehideout.org.uk/
Young minds: https://youngminds.org.uk/
Report issues anonymously to Whisper: https://swgfl.org.uk/whisper/brs1/
Educate against the hate: https://educateagainsthate.com/
Kooth (online mentoring year 6 upwards: https://kooth.com/
Off the record (year 6 up) : http://www.otrbristol.org.uk/
Supporting bereaved young people:
Click on the links BELOW to read or download the documents:
Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy 2022_09 21/09/2022 Anti-bullying advice for children 29/06/2022 Online Safety Guide 2022_10 31/10/2022 Online Safety Poster 2022_10 31/10/2022 BRCA Anti-Bullying Procedure 2022_05 31/10/2022 Our culture of Vigilance 2022_07 31/10/2022 Bannerman Road Safeguarding Team 2022_09 21/09/2022 Keeping children safe online 2022_10 31/10/2022 BRCA Prevent Risk Assessment Action Plan 22/10/2018 Bannerman Road Safeguarding Team 2022_09 12/09/2022