Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Ethos & Values
Community, Unity, Opportunity
Educating the community for a better future
We are proud and welcoming of our diverse community. Our school provides an engaging environment. This enables the children to take ownership of their own learning to become lifelong learners.
We believe that our school is a learning environment for all the stakeholders - pupils, staff, parents and the wider community.
All pupils should have the entitlement to quality engaging and exciting teaching and learning. We expect our pupils to take ownership of their learning and to assess their own progress. To do this we have high expectations and aspirations for all of our pupils.
Personalised learning is about helping every child and young person to do better, which means tailoring their education to their individual needs, interests and aptitudes so as to fulfil their potential and giving them the motivation to be independent, lifelong ambitious learners.
We are proud of the relationships we have with our pupils, parents/carers and believe that it is central to the making our vision come true.
Every child leaving Bannerman Road Community Academy should:
- Enjoy the journey of learning
- Have an open and enquiring mind
- Know and be proud of their own skills and positive qualities in others
- Be able to recognise and value skills and positive qualities in others
- Achieve the highest levels of literacy, numeracy and Information Technology, together with social and communication skills
- Enjoy physical and emotional wellbeing
- Be aware of their rights and responsibilities
- This will enable each child to enjoy and make the very best of the next steps in their journey
This is demonstrated though our school values underpin everything we do at Bannerman Road Community Academy:
- Respect – We show respect for our school community, environment and others. We look after each other.
- Ambition – We have ambition for ourselves, each other and our community. We reach for the stars together.
- Perseverance – We always try our best and encourage others to do the same. We never give up. Together we can achieve.
- Responsibility – We take responsibility for our actions and supporting others. We are responsible members of the community.
- Independence – We have the confidence to try things on our own. We want to learn and challenge ourselves.